Tuesday 3 October 2023

Book Review: Paper and Tape Crafts by Jennifer Perkins

 Paper and Tape Crafts

by

Jennifer Perkins

28 Inventive Activities for Kids Ages 8 - 12
 
Publisher: Rockridge Press
Publication date: 4th April 2023
Genre: Children's Craft
Pages: 130
Source: eBook via Netgalley 
 

Review: Paper and Tape Crafts

We are very big on crafting here and I was excited to get some new craft ideas.
Paper and Tape Crafts opens with an introduction and notes on safety which led me to think the book is aimed at the children working on the crafts alone. A list of supplies is a handy addition and I liked that many of the items can be found in a well stocked craft box.
There are also notes at the end of each activity to challenge you to take the craft further and to expand on what you have already made.
 
I've been involved in childcare and Playgroups for many years so most of the crafts were ones I had already made many times with preschoolers. I found of the 28 crafts detailed there were only 16 I found appealing.
I think this would be a handy book if you are new to crafting with recyclables however for me there was nothing particularly new or innovative.

Recommended age 5 - 10 years
My rating 2 / 5 ⭐⭐



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Apprentice Witnesser by Bren MacDibble

 The Apprentice Witnesser by Bren MacDibble Award-winning author of How to Bee and Across the Sea   Publisher: Allen & Unwin Publication...